Saturday, June 14, 2008

THE GAMES CONTINUE…

The tally so far....

Rats: Nil
Cats: Full

The latest sacrificial offering was left the other morning on the bathroom mat for all to see. A head and half a spine in a neat pool of blood on the mat – how considerate of them!! It is not a sight that I like to see first thing in the morning when the only thing on my mind is ‘why the hell do I have to get up?’.

I could tell both felines had a good ratting night as they were flat out in the sun fast asleep even when my mother approached the kitchen, which usually jolts them into activity, not a flicker of interest was shown. So their bellies were full and no doubt they were dreaming of more rats.

As Samuel Taylor Coleridge says in The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. “Water, water everywhere, not a drop to drink”. It is a case of Rats and rats everywhere that our waistline does not shrink!

No comments: