For weeks now its been building - the tension, that undeniable feeling of dread. You know when you're anticipating something bad? It is something that hovers at the back of your mind, just waiting to pounce.
This last week is ruefully named by us as Hell Week!!
Our company's annual event (and I use the term loosely here!) on Sunday. According to the propagandist ramblings of our boss on the blog its one of the social highlights of the year and anyone who is anyone is just dying to be seen there.
Truth and Reality check: We work like dogs all day, constantly on our feet pandering to the needs of rich, drunk and horny owners and their bratty brood all in the name of the greater good - whatever the hell that is- of promoting our company as Champions!!
Yeah right!!! By the time we're finished pushing out the last of the drunkards and the boss has finished schmoozing everybody he can. We then have the lovely task of cleaning up - something I detest with a passion!! Walking around with black bin bags we're forced to clean up every scrap of rubbish before we can leave. Sometimes - if we're lucky, we get home after 7pm and stagger gratefully to our beds.
Now you know why my ears are so flat and my mood so sour. Fancy joining us? its a carnival theme this year with jugglers and unicycles moving through the crowd. Sounds nice doesn't it. More like a three ring circus.
Just wish I could find a lion to eat a few people. I know who'd be at the head of the queue!!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

1 comment:
hope you survived the summerhill bullshit brigade Megs. Don't envy you.
Post a Comment