Saturday, November 8, 2008

Never move a cat

A cardinal rule that I learnt this morning (the hard way!) was never, ever disturb a cat that has decided to sprawl itself out on your bed. Even if you wish to make it - don't!! rather leave the mess until said feline decides during the course of the day that it no longer wishes to use your bed.

This morning I was in a cleaning mood - only happens once every 10 years, so I take advantage of the feeling while it lasts! Decided that it was time to change my bed. Problem - one large, fluffy black and white cat spread over the length of it. Oh well I foolishly thought - sure he won't mind if I remove him to make it. BIG MISTAKE!!

A growl and many feline mutterings indicated his displeasure at being disturbed from his slumber. Not to be deterred I hauled him up and placed him on my chair while I stripped the bed. Oh no!! that would not do for His Majesty - it hopped back on the bed and became as unmovable as a sack of cement. Eventually I conceded defeat, called on my mother and she had to hold him while I scooted around and made up my bed again. All the while listening to the mutterings and protestations - you would swear he was being cruelly treated by the loudness of them!

Once I had finished the bed was "offered" again to His Majesty and upon inspection he found it to his liking and at writing was curled up in a ball with paw over head. In other words DO NOT DISTURB!!!

I only hope I get to sleep in my bed tonight. Maybe if I offer him some Fancy Feast it will condescend to let me on my own bed. Hope springs eternal.

1 comment:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

Check out this map.
http://kymoftheking.blogspot.com/2008/10/cats-map-of-bed.html
It says it all.

Miau