Thursday, November 20, 2008

An Oklahoma kinda day


It was one of those rare mornings today when the sun was shining determinedly and the sky was a lovely cornflour blue. I could smell the scent of roses wafting into my room, as the Cape Robin woke me with its lovely little warbling call.

Now, I am not a morning person at all - anything before 9 am is plain madness to me! but today it just felt like it was going to be a great day. I am the eternal optimist after all (in spite of my regular flattened ears) and always hope that things will get better. So I jumped - wait! hobbled to the shower and actually sang loudly and hopelessly out of tune to an Abba song. K - I know you will shudder with horror when you read this. Yes, I am a hopeless out of song, shower singing aficionado!!

Actually couldn't wait to walk out of the door and just take in the stunning morning. Driving to work and seeing the colours of the land and the moody mountains in the background, just made me feel good. Isn't it nice to have one of those days? actually enjoy going to work, arrive happy and within 10 minutes you're shot down in flames again!!! Oh well, it was great while it lasted.
Oh What A Beautiful Morning
There's a bright golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright golden haze on the meadow The corn is as high as an elephant's eye, An' it looks like it's climbin' clear up to the sky.
Oh, what a beautiful mornin', Oh, what a beautiful day.
I got a beautiful feelin' Ev'rything's goin' my way.

No comments: