Spent a entertaining Saturday evening using my brain for a change. Certainly beats sitting in front of the television like a zombie!!
So Mom and I turned out our dusty old Scrabble board and had a few games. Its amazing how much fun you can have just sitting and playing. I really had to think - something I prefer not to do on the weekends, and stay focused. We laughed until we cried at some of the words - we certainly wouldn't win any spelling bees that's for sure! The most important thing was that we had fun and spent time together.
I would rather sit and talk to my mother more than all the stars in the universe and beyond. Since my Dad's death, I've come to realise just how important relationships are. People can be with you one minute, then gone the next!! Life is short and transitory, and we never know what is around the next corner.
If it takes a simple game of Scrabble to bring us closer together and enjoy each other's company, then I'll be playing every single night.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment