Wednesday, November 5, 2008

People who've inspired me

When I think back on all my years of living, there are many people who've inspired me to achieve various things. My parents, special teachers and famous people I've admired - they've come and gone like wind-blown dandelions - there one moment then gone.....

So when I came across someone who inspires me to think outside of the box, to look within myself and ask myself Why, What, How, When & Why - then I realise that I've been inspired.

Such a person came into my life about 2 or so years ago. I met her through work and got to know her quite well. We laughed, cried and argued (well not really, you don't argue with a lawyer!) together and when she left it left a deep void in my life, which is still there to this day.

She came along took what I knew and turned it upside down, inside out and back to front. Whatever I thought was no longer and I was forced to re-examine a lot of what I thought I knew. Go figure - I thought I knew most things in my old age. Not a chance!!!

Mercurial, restless and oh so intelligent. She reminds me of the sea - constantly changing and moving. Vulnerable, sensitive (more than she lets on!) and incredibly funny. She is a survivor, someone who's wounded heart is healing slowly but surely.

Happy Birthday my faraway friend. Thank you for being you. Don't EVER change!!

1 comment:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

At the moment Barack Obama is a great inspiration to me.