I am often forced to join in (against my will) with people and discussions. One of the most annoying things in the world is having someone talk over you as if you are not there! I have a friend, whom I love dearly, but she has the habit of completely taking over a conversation and making you feel as if you are not even there.
It seems to be catching as well, as I have noticed countless people who seem to love the sound of their own voice and opinions. Leaving others, like me to sit slack jawed and wonder! Everywhere from television talk shows to staff meetings, you seem to have them. I can usually sniff them out at 1000 yards, and tend to stay far away from them if possible. If these people are not talking over you, you are having to endure their life story in all its glory and not detail spared - everything from the incontinent dog to their sex life is open season.
Most times I just sit - tune out and imagine I am far away somewhere nice and tropical with men in speedo's fanning me and feeding me grapes... you get the picture! At some stage the person runs out of steam and you get a chance to offer up an opinion. It doesn't happen often, so I make the most of it!
The mouse can roar!!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment