Saturday, December 6, 2008

No apologies

For many years now I have apologised for everything. Myself, the way I laugh and talk, the list goes on and on. Recently though, and after some wise counsel, I realised I have nothing to apologise for. I am unique and I am me!!

I know I am not your run-of-the-mill person. I think being an only child made me self sufficient and able to amuse myself and not rely on others for entertainment. I am a watcher of people, preferring to observe, see how the land lies and then join in. I am totally passionate about my beliefs and loves. Often, to ridicule from others, I will be the one who doesn't support the favourite or the most obvious choice. To my way of thinking, I would rather be someone who uses their brain and what talents have been given to me, than be like a sheep and follow the flock. Sometimes, for convention though, I know I have to follow rules, like not breaking the law etc, but I am proud to be who I am.

It has taken an awful long time for me to reach this point, but I am glad I am here!!

No comments: