I feel like Lucy when she has that bad dream about working in a chocolate factory packing chocolate. As fast as she packs them, more appear and soon she becomes overwhelmed by them and can't keep up.
That has been the story of my life for the last week or so. We had family last weekend for a pre Christmas party. My ho ho ho left the minute they arrived. Besides the mountain of dishes and food, it was so hot - the mercury reached 37 here and it was still 30 at 6 pm!! I was all Christmased out by the time they left, and hardly noticed the dreadful present they'd given me. Its like this every year - I rush around like a headless chicken trying to do all and conquer all. What I am trying to prove God alone knows, because by the time Christmas comes I am so exhausted that I can hardly open my presents. Let alone kiss under the mistletoe!
Then it was work and our ever so "pleasant" boss who seems hell bent on making my life miserable because he knows he can, and because I cannot afford to resign.
Thursday was taking the cat to the vet for his annual inoculations. A harrowing ordeal for both parties - as he howls the entire time carrying on like he's being murdered inside the basket! The only upside is that I get the see my favorite vet, who religiously tells me what I should be feeding him. Huh, I am usually too busy having a nice perv. After all what is life without fantasies?
Today it is work until lunchtime. Yes, the boss is actually deigning to let us go early for a change, after ranting about how we shouldn't be entitled to take leave over Christmas. Now all that is left to do is wrap the presents and relax.
Merry Christmas all
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment