Knew it was going to be a tough one today. It is the one year anniversary of my father's death. The last week it has been at the back of my mind, rather like a fly - you know its there because you can hear its buzzing, but you dont really want it around.
Still, I knew it was a rite of passage that I had to go through in order to move on - I think! I had taken a day off work, just could not face having to pretend to be "cheerful" and polite when part of me just wanted to howl and scream until I dissolved like a disprin! So Mom and I took ourselves off on a shopping trip today. We had a nice day out and just wandered around at a relaxed pace.
This evening we sat and talked and cried about Dad, but we both agreed that he would not want us to be sitting around all day and moping. We both knew we had done the right thing. I was dreading the first year annivesary, but I am relieved it is almost over. Now, it is time to move on and more importantly, to live our lives.
I do want to take a moment though and just thank my Dad for 36.5 wonderful years as my father. I thank you for your unconditional love and support, even when I was not very lovable. Most importantly I thank you for choosing me as your daughter. My life could and would have been so different had I not had you for a father. I thank God each and every day that you were mine.
Until we meet again Dad....
April happenings
-
April brought so many happenings. We celebrated Sienna's birthday, friend's
birthdays, pesach, enjoyed an easter egg hunt and Sienna started preschool...
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment