Friday, January 2, 2009

Why?

Saw in the New Year and watched the fireworks display over the local location. It still amazes me that there are people who are dirt poor, yet they will find money to waste on fireworks and booze at a time like this. Perhaps I am missing the plot here, but I just don't get it.

Mom and I spent New Year at a friends house having a braai, nice just sitting around and chatting and enjoying the warm weather. Came home feeling tired but content, excited about the New Year and its possibilities. I am not attempting something small here, trying to lose weight, and make over yourself is a big project. There is lots of work to be done and for a time I will be a "work in progress", so if you notice the tetchy blogs, please be patient, my sense of humour will not always be apparent!

Then came the gut wrenching news that a dear friend's mother had died on New Year's day - stung to death by bees at their family farm. At once I was catapulted back to the day Dad died, and I felt myself dissolving like a Disprin all over again. I just cannot get my head around the fact that she will no longer be here, she will never see her beloved grandchildren grow up, watch sunsets with her husband of nearly 40 years. I just have to ask WHY??? why did he take her. Especially at the beginning of a new year, supposedly full of promise and change. I will never get used to death no matter how hard I try, it just seems so senseless and pointless, but I have to believe there is a plan in all of this.

Now I am off to console a shattered friend and hope that I can bring some solace to her and her devastated father.

Sometimes it is very cloudy!!

No comments: