Saturday, August 15, 2009

Songs... California dreaming

I have always been a lover of music, not just anything though, but something that envokes a response from me; be it pleasurable or otherwise.

You know how you get a song in your head? and keep humming it? well my latest one is California Dreaming by the Mama's and the Pappa's. An iconic song really, that typifies an age of change and great social disorder.

All the leaves are brownAnd the sky is gray
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm If I was in L.A.
California dreamin' On such a winter's day
Stopped into a church I passed along the way
Oh, I got down on my knees
And I pretend to pray
You know the preacher likes the cold
He knows I'm gonna stay
California dreamin'On such a winter's day

All the leaves are brownAnd the sky is gray
I've been for a walk
On a winter's dayIf I didnt tell herI could leave todayCalifornia dreamin'On such a winter's day(California dreamin')On such a winter's day(California dreamin')On such a winter's day

No comments: