Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lark or Owl?

All of my life I've known one thing with certainty - I am not an early riser by choice! Unless of course I am in a game reserve and birdwatching, which makes getting up early well worth it to catch a glimpse of a bird. On the whole though, I am not an early riser, and detest with a deep passion getting up early.

Mom on the other hand is up with the sparrows and loves the early morning stillness for her creativity. She says she loves the quiet time to sit and work and true to form she produces her best work then. By supper time she is tired and ready to go to bed, whereas I am just getting warmed up and ready to fire. It certainly makes for an interesting living arrangement I can tell you.

I am reduced then at night to reading in bed until some ungodly hour, but I do so love it. I can read all night given the chance and I would if I didn't have to get up in the morning and go to work. Which brings me to my next gripe!

The mere thought of getting up early and humping myself off to work is so appalling that I am in a bad mood before I even get up! People who see me say I look like a cross between Garfield and Hannibal Lector - now that's a nice thought! I feel like that though and for the first few hours of work I am in a filthy mood.

It ain't a hoot I assure you!

No comments: