I realised to my horror that Christmas has once again snuck up on me. Its a sneaky little bugger, cunningly but inevitably approaching. I haven't even started buying gifts yet, and I know its going to be a mad rush yet again, with me exhausted and ratty and vowing never to do it again.
Obviously I don't learn, because the whole process is repeated over again next year.
This year I have decided to recycle some of the gifts that I got last year, which I don't like. If I ever get another soap basket I think i am going to stuff it somewhere painful for the recipient!!
I try very hard I might add to find gifts for my family that they are actually going to enjoy and use. Some members though seem to think that I love receiving those hideously decorated soap baskets filled with bath crystals and things like that. Yes I know, I sound ungrateful and cranky, sorry, but 10 years in a row of the same thing from the same family member makes me a wee bit cranky.
On Christmas day it will be just Mom and I having a nice supper and relaxing during the day. I am so past the over indulgence and gluttony that tend to be the staple thing these days. People go totally overboard and overdo it completely. I would rather spend my day working at the local animal shelter, giving love and cuddles to animals, than drink and eat myself silly. At least you get unconditional and appreciative love.
So this week its off to the mall to try and buy some gifts and remain somewhat sane in the process.
Wish me luck!!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment