For the last three weeks we have endured some of the most horrible, wet and cold weather ever known in this area for decades. Almost every day without fail we have had thick pea-soup mists sweep in at lunchtime, followed shortly by a nasty vicious storm.
Last Monday was a storm to end all storms. Not only did the mist flow in, but at about 6 pm all hell broke loose, and the storm of all storms hit. The wind blew so hard and ferociously that we thought our roof was going to come off at one point. The rain came down in buckets and to add to it all, we had such huge flashes of lightening that the whole sky light up as if it was a bright sunny day.
The cats were besides themselves and squeezed themselves into the smallest spaces possible. I would've joined them if I could've fitted!! As if our misery wasn't enough, it came back again in the middle of the night and wrecked more havoc. Mercifully I was asleep (I tend to sleep like the dead!).
Next day we could see the damage left in its wake - trees down, telephone wiring down, roofs off, buildings and signs destroyed. The storm left a wide swathe of destruction and an area of over 100kms was affected. Sadly, most of it was informal settlements whose residents struggle enough on a daily basis to keep going, and now faced with this destruction. It breaks one's heart.
As I write now, the mist is back, along with the rain which has been fairly consistent during the day. The forecast for the next week - rain and lots of it. Suppose we shouldn't complain, as once the summer hits, we will be moaning like stuffed drains about the heat!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
9 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment