If there's one thing that's guaranteed to flatten my ears, its the thought of wrapping Christmas presents. I have to admit, there are not many worse things in life than that. I detest cutting the paper, getting emeshed in sticky tape and trying to wrap it so that it doesn't resemble something that came out of the dustbin!
So, the task has been transferred (rather cunningly I think) to my long suffering mother. She actually enjoys wrapping presents, so with some guilt (passes quickly) I hand them over to her, and tell her to knock herself out.
What I find embarrassing about the whole present thing, is people who go overboard and give you a really expensive present, and you have only gotten them something tiny. I know its the thought that counts, but you still feel quite crappy afterwards.
My list of presents is growing by the year, as more people join the staff and you make friends with them.
At least I have got Mom's presents and wait for it - I actually wrapped them myself!! She is going to love her one's this year. Got her some marzipan chocolates, she goes gaga over marzipan. Plus some lovely perfume which she liked, and best of all some spa treatments - a full body massage and a pedicure. Its the least I can do for all that she does for me.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
9 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment