Reading a book on Allied atrocities against the German populace after the end of the Second World War. History has always "taught" and I use the term loosely, as I believe its more like brainwashed us into believing that the Allies were good and Germany was bad! Simple as that. Russia and its leader Uncle Joe (Joseph Stalin) as they liked to popularise him were one of the good guys. The leaders conveniently overlooked his slaughter of millions of his own countrymen and his 1936 pact with Ribbentrop for the fact that he stood against Germany and the evil Nazis. It wasn't hard to convince the general public of that too.
What is not as well known is the genocide by the Allies against the hapless German people after liberation. Instead of helping them to rebuild their devastated country, they exacted terrible and long lasting revenge against the people. Putting them in concentration camps and basically doing what the Germans did to the Jews, they systematically murdered millions of Germans - men,women and children. You just have to read the statistics to get an idea of what a terrible price the ordinary Germans had to pay. It is estimated that more than 70% of the men taken into the various concentration camps died.
It makes for some sobering reading, and it underscores how easily we can be manipulated into believing something to be true when it isn't.
The Allies were never tried for their crimes during the war, in spite of some brave US senators trying their best. I know its controversial to proffer an opinion on events that have passed, especially those that evoke so much emotion, but if what the author is saying is correct, then the Nuremberg trials were to my way of thinking, a farce.
The Jewish writer Hannah Arendt put it best when commentating on the trial of Adolf Eichmann - "The banality of evil".
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
9 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment